POSITION PURPOSE: This dynamic, articulate person will assist the executive director with a wide range of marketing functions, including fulfillment of strategic marketing initiatives, promotions, public relations, grant writing and appeals, fundraising, special 3rd-party events, and perform job-related duties as assigned. This position requires a highly motivated, organized, and resourceful individual who possesses exceptional oral and written communications skills and uses critical thinking and continuous improvement to successfully navigate the demands of this important position. They excel both as an individual contributor and in a team environment.
POSITION TITLE: PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
POSITION TYPE: PART TIME
SALARY RANGE: $20-$24 HOURLY
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT, 25 HOURS/WEEK, FLEXIBLE HYBRID AFTER SIX MONTHS
EMAIL RESUME TO: INFO@BELOITMEALSONWHEELS.ORG
BUILD AUTHENTIC, TRUSTING RELATIONSHIPS: Works with corporate/individual/civic donors, elected officials, churches, internal staff members, outside vendors, community representatives as well as Meals On Wheels clients and families to help maintain, develop, and promote organizational-branding initiatives consistent with strategic planning goals and operational objectives, specifically the organization’s marketing, PR, communications, fundraising, and fund-development needs.
- Write and edit organization’s press releases as needed.
- Create and assist with e-newsletters and annual report.
- Interview clients, volunteers, donors and staff for potential stories.
- Write and edit articles.
- Photograph and edit images.
- Pitch newsworthy stories to local media, respond to information requests, and maintain strong relationships with local media—keep contacts updated.
- Help plan and run fundraising and special events.
- Maintain organization’s facts sheet and boilerplate.
- Write monthly donor thank you letters on behalf of executive director.
- Adhere to and promote all organization branding guidelines.
- Design, maintain, and utilize organization’s branded overview presentation, and ensure organization overview presentation is up to date with current information.
- Collaborate and partner with executive director to promote Meals On Wheels for TV, radio, podcast, and print interviews.
- Rotate with executive director for presentations to businesses and social/civic groups and attend fairs, expos, and community events to provide resources and information to the local community to increase awareness.
- Rotate with executive director so Meals On Wheels is represented in attendance at Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce meetings; maintain strong, trusting relationships with nonprofits, businesses, and community leaders aligned to strategic plan.
- Work with outside content creators to design and write engaging social media campaigns, appropriate for digital and print publications.
- Work with webmaster to update/maintain website content, search engine optimization and health.
- Assist and work with outside content creators to create videos for social media, website, and large-fundraising events.
- Research, recommend, and assist with unrestricted grant writing and fund development opportunities.
- Work with executive director to develop unique and effective donor appeals and marketing campaigns.
ORGANIZATION EXPECTATION OF EMPLOYEE
- Support the mission, vision, and goals of Beloit Meals On Wheels, Inc.
- Represent Meals On Wheels with an elevated level of professionalism both inside and outside the office.
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff, and board information.
- Collaborate with volunteers and outside content creators to complete projects as needed.
- Maintain dependable transportation, valid driver license, and personal vehicle insurance.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications related degree.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in marketing, communications, or donor development related field (preferably in non-profit).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with grant writing experience preferred; ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable.
- Above average interpersonal communication skills, including excellent group presentation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office software products.
- Familiar with email marketing tools such as MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Must have flexible work schedule and be able to work after hours/weekends when required for events, presentations, or special events.
- Must have valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, and be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Contribute to other projects when necessary.
Beloit Meals On Wheels is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.