Join us for your first race of the spring!
Join us Sat., March 24, 2018 for your first race of the spring. How many other races are led off by a real sled dog mushing team?! Run individually or form your own mushing team of three runners. This is a great way to get your 2018 running season started. Whether you are an elite athlete, a fun runner, or just looking for a challenging walk, Mushing for Meals is all three. Proceeds from the event benefit Beloit Meals on Wheels.
Mushing for Meals is a 10K run and 5K run/walk, presented by KERRY and REGAL, to benefit Beloit Meals On Wheels. This scenic course begins at historic Horace White Park, picks up the Steve Gregg Memorial Path on the Rock River, past Beloit College and around the lagoon at Riverside Park and back. The 10K continues north past the lagoon, over the Ken Hendricks Memorial Bridge, then behind Beloit Memorial High School. It is a very flat and fast course.
Mushing Teams: Participants in the 5K can compete as a “Mushing Team”. To compete as a team you must have three participants physically attached, SINGLE FILE throughout the entire race. You may be creative as to what materials you use to physically attach yourselves to one another. Teams compete for best costumes!
Courses are USATF Certified and Chip timed.
Awards to be given:
- 5K and 10K – 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male and female finishers by age group: 0-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, and 75+
- Top male and female overall finishers in 5K and 10K – $ 100.00
- Best Mushing Team Costume – $ 150.00
Mini Mush Kids Fun Run: The Mini Mush is for kids 10 and under and takes place in Horace White Park. T-shirt is included for Mini Mushers, remember to select your size under additional purchases. There will be mystery mascots on the course to cheer the kids on!
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 250 PARTICIPANTS
- BY MARCH 10th: Children (under 18) $10, Adults $15.00, Teams $45.00
- MARCH 11th – March 24th at Noon: Children (under 18) $10, Adults $20.00,Teams $60.00
- ON RACE DAY: Children (under 18) $10, Adults $25.00, Teams $75.00REFUNDS: In case of cancellation due to inclement weather, we are unable to refund your registration fee. Please know that your money is going to a good cause. 100% of all proceeds benefit Beloit Meals On Wheels, Inc. March for Meals Campaign.
Optional Race T-Shirts
Race T-shirts are available and can be added to your order during the registration process. Click here to view Mens and Women’s t-shirt versions.
Over payment of registration fees received after this date will not be refunded.
Event details and schedule
Location: Horace White Park in Beloit, WI. Price includes post race meal at First Baptist Church across the street from the Beloit Meals on Wheels office (424 College Street, Beloit, WI).
- Early pickup March 23th, 3:00 – 7:00 pm at the Beloit Meals On Wheels office,
- Event day, March 24th, 7:30 – 8:30 am at the Beloit Meals On Wheels office
Race Day Schedule:
- Registration 7:30 – 8:30 am
- Mini Mush Kids Fun Run starts 8:30 am
- Announcements 8:45 am
- 10K and 5K Race/walk starts 9:00 am
There is ample free parking available within 3 blocks of the start/finish line.
Race results will be posted at www.beloitmealsonwheels.org and www.J3Timing.com
PLEASE NOTE: No rollerblades, skateboards, strollers or pets are allowed on the race course.